Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer!

I have been enjoying reading  your summer reading responses over the past few days. A few more students have responded to tell about their plans for the summer, and how they are going to fit reading into those plans. I heard from a few of you that you'll be spending some time down at the beach, and that you'll be doing some reading while you are there. That is exactly what I able to do last week! I spent some time reading my "just for fun" books, and I was able to finish one. Now it is on to reading a bit about teaching Math.





A few of you have shared a bit of information about the types of books you have been reading so far this summer. Here is what I heard from a few of you...

 "...The reason why I chose a lot of fiction books and especially The Tiger Rising was because The Tiger Rising looked like a really interesting book and when I read the title I asked myself I wonder what that means?"

This is just a small piece of a longer response. As a teacher, I really liked how this student reflected on why they chose to read a certain book.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment